Oracle UPK 12 Development is the third book on Oracle User Productivity Kit by Dirk Manuel. It is available from Amazon and all good booksellers.
The book walks readers through the creation of a simple simulation, and builds on this throughout the book. You can download the sample simulation as it exists at each stage of the development process (typically, at the end of each chapter), here:
The file is a single .odarc file that you can import into your UPK 11 Library via menu option Tools | Import | Documents. When doing so, do NOT overwrite existing documents, as the .ocarc file contains copies of the standard templates that may already exist in your Library.
The file includes the following content objects:
- Changing your User Options (Chapter 2): Example Topic at the end of Chapter 2
- Deleting a file (Chapter 2): Example of ‘drag-and-drop’ from Chapter 2
- Changing your User Options (Chapter 4): Example Topic at the end of Chapter 4
- Changing your User Options (Chapter 8): Example Topic at the end of Chapter 8
- Responding to User Actions (Chapter 8): Example of ‘automatically’ responding to user actions from Chapter 8
- Changing your User Options (Chapter 9): Example Topic at the end of Chapter 9
- Name Forms: Web Page used in Chapter 9
- Changing your User Options_Concept: Web Page used as Concept pane in Chapter 10
- Glossary: Folder containing 8 glossary objects from Chapter 10
- Changing your User Options (Chapter 11): Example Topic at the end of Chapter 11
- あなたのユーザーオプションを変えること (Chapter 17): Example of a translated/Localized Topic
- Standard – English: UPK-provided Standard English template
- GlobalSAP – English: Customized Text Template (see Chapter 16, Customizing UPK)
- Global SAP Project Skin: Customized Player skin (see Chapter 16, Customizing UPK).
- Global Training: Custom Publishing Category. This contains a new Publishing Format called Context Report, as defined in Chapter 16, Customizing UPK. This must be moved to the System | Publishing | Styles folder.
- Checkpoint #1: Inline question (see Chapter 12, Testing Your Users).
- Knowledge Verification – Subfolder containing the sample Assessment and all questions contained within it (see Chapter 12, Testing your Users)
- Glossary: Subfolder containing Glossary and all glossary entries
- Global SAP Training IAS: Customized IAS Profile
If you have any problems with this file or its contents, then please contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to check out the UPK Wiki.